Group Semi Private Yoga Classes
No huge, impersonal classes here. Small classes filled with like minded individuals who are interested in progressing in their practice. Explore new things under the guidance of trained, skilled teachers.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED FOR YOUR FIRST YOGA CLASS:
1. Arrive at least 10 minutes before class to complete form pertaining to your health for your safety and well being.
2. You will need a yoga mat, a yoga block and a 6 ft. strap with a ring or buckle, a towel and water.
3. Wear sports attire; a hair tie or band to keep hair out of your face.
4. No shoes are ever worn on yoga floor.
5. Do not eat a large meal at least three hours prior to class. A piece of fruit if fine if you are hungry.
6. We keep our yoga room between 78-80 degrees.
7. Turn off cellular phone.
8. In the future, if you are late for class, come in. Quitely place your mat down and join the class in progress.
9. Must leave early? Pleace your mat close to the door and leave before the relaxation pose.
DESCRIPTION OF CLASSES
YOGA FOR CANCER
Are you or anyone you know touched by cancer in their lives? This class is for individuals currently in treatment such as chemotherapy or radiation, post treatment, caregivers and family members. Read more...
Learn the fundamentals of a successful yoga practice. Asana (poses), Pranayama (breath) and Dhyana (Meditation). Join this slower paced class to begin your yoga journey. Read more...
MULTI LEVEL HATHA YOGA – Prerequisite – 3 Private Classes before joining class.
This Forrest Style Hatha Yoga class creates a strong foundation and develops strength, flexibility, balance and endurance. You will move the whole body from laying down, sitting and standing positions and discover muscles you had lost touch with, like your abs. Read more...
CHAIR/GENTLE MAT YOGA -
This yoga class teaches yoga postures that are done in and around a chair. This class is beneficial for people who have difficulty coming down on a mat, walking, moving, which may be the case for some of our seniors or people with a disability. Read more...
This yoga class is a body/mind relaxation practice. The use of props like pillows, bolsters and blankets help the body relax and open, releasing tension and stored-up toxins that can cause illness. Read more...
Embark on a journey to explore each pose in depth. Taking the necessary time to “feel” each pose. Discussion on how to enter and exit each pose safely and correctly. Read more...
YOGA THERAPY CLASSES
The focus of this class is exploring the whole of yoga...physically, breath, emotional and spiritually. Asana, Pranayama, Meditation. Integrating yoga into you daily lifestyle. Read more...
SENSATIONAL 60'S AND BEYOND
Have you tried yoga? If you would like to give it a go but not sure you are ready to take the plunge into the regular classes, then this class is for you. Read more...